Last week students (including some from Kingston) protesting against the working conditions of University of London staff and the closure of the University of London Union (ULU) were arrested or violently evicted from peaceful occupations. UoL is seeking to ban all student protests on its campuses for six months.
Please join us at the Cops Off Campus rally this Wednesday 9 December at ULU (Malet St, Bloomsbury) from 2pm.
Staff and students from KU will be meeting at 1pm at the Penrhyn Rd main entrance to make their way to central London for the rally.
What you can do
Join us for leafleting to raise awareness of the strike: meet at Penrhyn Rd main entrance:
- TODAY 12pm
- Monday 2 December 12pm
Join us on the picket lines: don’t worry if you’ve never been on a picket line – there will be plenty of other people there. Details:
- Penrhyn Road Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a shift:
- Knights Park Contact email@example.com to sign up for a shift:
- Kingston Hill Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for details
VC’s Open Meeting
Our Vice-Chancellor is holding one of his ‘open meetings’ in the Staff Space at Knights Park campus: we want to make sure that we are there to meet him:
- Join us at Knights Park from 11:30
Why we are on strike
The main issue is pay: London lecturers’ salaries have fallen 15% since 2009. There are however many related issues:
- Casualisation: Over 1000 zero-hours contract workers at Kingston
- Job cuts
- Gender inequality